Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My baby is grown...

Check out the Fantasia video on the side bar I love that song...

Ya'll I can't believe my baby sister went to college today. I hate I wasn't there to help her start her new journey. I think she is going to be fine though. The year was 1989 the month was Sept, the day was the 1st, and this little mean looking baby was born and placed in my hands, we called Amber . Of course she cried when she opened her eyes and looked at me. But I am sure she didn’t expect for me to look at her and start crying also…lol what a hassle it was raising her, ya'll she drove me crazy. I have her life all planned out so she shouldn't make any mistakes...JUST KIDDING! How weird is it that we are in college together. The dude at orientation was like hello class of 2011. For a moment I was like DDDDDAAAANNNNGGGGG that is forever. Then I realize it wouldn't take me that long. I remember my baby sister always wanting to go everywhere I went. I had to take her on dates with me back in high school. She never let me go on a date with her...lol. Once Derrick and I took her out for her b-day, and she wanted to drink liquor so bad. While Amber and her friend was in the bathroom we told the waitress to bring her a drink, and we were going to all pretend that it had liquor in it. I wish I could have video tape how they were acting drunk. They even said they could taste the liquor in the drink. After laughing so hard we finally told them there was no liquor in the drink, the expression on their faces was priceless...LOL
Amber is attending SWAU (Southwestern Adventist University Keene, TX), now if she gets in trouble out there she definitely went and looked for it. There is absolutely nothing to do in Keene, TX but pray! Yep my baby is going to be 18 next Sat. Where does the time go, these kids grow up so fast. I ask that you all keep her in your prayers because she has never been away from home. I know God will protect her and hopefully she will stay focus on graduating so she can make my money...HA!

3 comments:

Kenni said...

Don't get it twisted about SWAU. The more boring it is, the more likely to find trouble....tell her be careful out there....love ya.

They call me the juice cause you know i'm a star" said...

Hey girlie i just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am. Ok there it is........................ just kidding...... I am so happy for you and your continued your hard work. I truly admire your hustle, you just may have what it takes!!!!! It's grind time.... So let's get it. It's about time you started making my cash. Lots of Love. Stay focused... I won't disown you if you go into exile for a bit, you will always be close to my heart.

ErynMyisha said...

yeah i agree...the less there is to do..the more creative negroes get. so make sure to stay connected.