Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Don't Look Back...

Recently, I notice myself falling into some of my old ways. I believe it started when I went home Labor Day Weekend, maybe it was too soon to return home. For a brief moment over the last few weeks I think I have taken my eyes off the prize. My light bulb moment happen yesterday when I received my grade on an assignment, trust me it was awful and no you will never know the grade. Anyway I have the tendency to always remember the way things or people were back in day. This thought process allows me to move forward but not as far because I consistently look back. I don't think I like change to much either, its weird since my entire life has been nothing but change, really I don't like people changing on me but it happens. When I made this move I planned on making some positive change, and at first that was happening with no problem. You know it’s a daily fight to try and improve yourself, and let me tell you for me it’s extremely hard. I believe it is ok to look back for lessons learned, but not when those memories will hold you back from moving forward with life. With all this said I am getting my focus back on track and looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. My grades shouldn't look HORRIBLE anymore, and if it does for some insane reason then I can't tell you what I am going to do...lol

Until next time on "The journey of Ms. Devereaux

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tia, WOW, your grammar, spelling and punctuation are getting better. I can see it in this blog. Good blog by the way...


HouseofhHealing

ErynMyisha said...

yeah i can tell your writing has improved alot in this short time so lean on that momentum you are building. and don't stress, the first exam in a class, especially returning to school after a gap, is very intimidating and since you don't know the teacher's style of grading and testing, it's just a warm up of sorts.

Dalia said...

You write very well.