Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Don't Want To Grow Up...

I always knew growing up would be hard. As a kid I never said “I can't wait to grow up", all I ever wanted was for my parents to stop asking me questions. According to my father I will never get old enough to reach that goal...lol. What does it mean to grow up? I definitely have no clue because I think I am still a kid at heart.

Does it mean you pay your own bills?

Does it mean you can no longer cry when things go wrong?

Does it mean accepting reality whether you like it or not?

Does it mean getting married and having kids?

Does it mean you no longer act childish?

I really don’t know what it means I am still on the search for the answer myself. However, what I do know is, growing up or being grown is hard. Maybe someone did warn me about growing up and I didn't listen to them. Is it that I am spoiled and that is I why I don't want to grow up? Luckily, I always have people in my life to remind me of the fact that whether I want to grow up or not, I have to, because this is real life, not a fairytale. (You know who you are)

Ok, folks I would like for you all to tell me what your definition of being grown is, once I read your comments maybe I will have a better idea...

Until next time on “The Journey of Ms. Devereaux"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tia, WOW! Your writing is truly 97% better...LOL. I love it! To answer your question about being grown up, once you accept No. 3 (third question) you can answer Nos. 1, 2, 4 and 5 instantly.

With Much Love
House Of Healing

ErynMyisha said...

growing up means having sex...:P just kidding!..that's all i've got.