Friday, September 7, 2007

Maybe it's just me...

Lately, I feel as though I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. Don't mistake this for complaining, because I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Life is great I couldn't have put myself at a better place at this point in my life. Over the last couple of week’s alot has happen so let me catch you up. Oh yeah, where are my manners how are my readers doing? It's really a great joy to know there are people who are interested in reading your thoughts. At first I thought no one would be interested, but to my surprise there are quite a few readers. Thank you for reading my blog; honestly it’s just my boring little thoughts. Ok enough sensitive talk back to the events of my life...

Funny Moments: Yesterday Laila Ali (Muhammad Ali daughter) was filming something across the street from my job. Of course I am nosey so I was looking and trying to walk at the same time, I tripped and almost fell but I caught myself. I attempted to play it off but a couple of people saw me and asked if I was ok...lol

This morning I was listening to Steve Harvey and walking to work. Steve Harvey is crazy so for a moment I forgot I was around other people, he said something so funny I began laughing out loud (ya'll know my country laugh) like I was at home alone in front of the TV. After I realize what I did, I looked around and this guy asked if everything was ok. He thought I was crying, for a moment I was almost embarrassed. We ended up having a good conversation on the way to work. Of course he made me miss the rest of Steve Harvey Morning Show but I guess that is ok.

I went home for Labor Day Weekend, although I had a good time I do remember why I left in the first place.

Oh, for those of you who don't know I do have a job and I like it. I am looking for 3 more jobs so I can afford to live here...LOL Can you believe they are going up on transportation, hence the reason I walk to and from work everyday. I am cheap and need to get in shape!

I went to my first class this week. It was 4 hours long, I couldn't imagine what we would discuss for 4 hours but time flew by. It is a Fiction Writing course I am taking because; I have been working on a book for a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time and would like to finish it. The class really allows you to pull your creativity onto the paper so your audience can grasp the picture you are painting with your words (I LOVE THAT). At first I felt a little intimidated because everyone else work was so great. I talked to one of my close friends and she said I scare easy and should be glad to be around young people who have fresh ideas. (Ok, I didn't think about it like that) Monday I'm taking my "Grammar for Journalist" class, we will see if I learn something if my grammar on my blogs improve then that means I am getting my monies worth.

I wonder do I expect too much from people. In my mind I give people my all but I don't feel I get the same in return all the time (maybe payback for what I did). That's fine I guess everyone is different and doesn't play by the same rules of life. I hold different people to certain standards and expect that they will live up to them (I guess they really don't have too). Ok I get it now I should allow people to be who they are, life does go on! Wheeeew for years I have been losing it because I felt misused, I understand I think, people are not going to always treat you the way you treat them and today I am glad to say that's OK. That’s life! I am not mad at anyone for being who they are; I just have to learn to accept people for who they show me to be. At that point, I determine whether to have them in my life or remove myself from those individuals.

I ate so well when I went home last weekend that was great! It was so good seeing everyone.

Last night I was going back and reading my old journal entries from 2005 in my diary. I couldn't believe how so many of my thoughts back then have manifested themselves now. Without certain events happening I wouldn't have ever made it here. I believe keeping a journal is the best thing a person can do. It allows you to witness your own growth. I have journals from 1997 that I use to read, the issues I had then were so meaningless but funny. If you don't keep a journal start, there are some thoughts in 2005 that I definitely no longer believe in 2007.

Do any of ya'll know the story behind honey-devereaux? If not, I might have to give you the breakdown on it one day.

Well that is all I can remember right now I am going to go home and get ready for church in the morning. Did ya'll like the song I put on here by Fantasia I love that song I listen to it everyday. I am going to play it at my graduation “I’M HERE" it drives my cousin crazy but after years of hearing it he will sing with me soon....LOL!


Until next time on the Journey of Ms. Devereaux

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl u got me all into this blog thing.... I feel like I need to get some popcorn, sit back, and read on..... ttyl... Peace and Blessings... Tiffany:)

Anonymous said...

Great to experience your success as you allow the Lord to govern the decisions in your life. You ain't seen nuttin yet! Hang in there. Uncle Bandy

Anonymous said...

It was good to have you home Labor Day weekend. It's also good watching you grow and having guts enough to write about it. That's not easy! I'm with Uncle Bandy, hold on the best is yet to come.

HouseOfHealing

ErynMyisha said...

ok that was the most random thoughts blog i've ever read. and i've never heard the honey story. share.

beanchild said...

umm, have you heard about nanowrimo? it takes place every november, and it might be a help in getting your novel written. i did it last year and am gearing up to do it again. :-)