Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Morning Gone Wrong...

Hey folks, I know we have all experienced “A Morning Gone Wrong", if you don't know what I mean let me explain. Have you ever woke up in the morning at 6:50am when you should have gotten up at 6:00am? First, you are upset the clock is going off since it feels like you just closed your eyes 30mins ago. Second, you hope you forgot to cut your alarm off and it’s really the weekend. Third, you realize you have to catch your bus at 7:15am. (At least I have to). Once all this has set in your mind, you immediately leap from your bed not realizing your foot is tangled in the sheets and you hit the floor face first. If you weren't awake before, you definitely are now. In these times seconds count in order to possibly still make it to work on time. Like myself I have to catch the bus(and the bus will drive off while you are running down the street), I know for you all back home it is a matter of what kind of morning traffic you will get caught in. If you are like me, most of you have a routine in the morning but on this tragic morning your routine has to be modified. Now decisions have to be made, do I take a shower or a wash off, what can I wear that doesn't have to be iron, do I get something to eat or just not think about my stomach growling, and there is no time for make-up.

Once you finally get to the door with your clothes hanging half way off your body, ready to get in your car or lock the door that dreadful question rings out... WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!!! You are way past panic mood because the hope you had to make it to work on time has just disappeared. The thought of finding your keys is enough to make you call in to work. You have sweat rolling down your face, heart pounding, you begin running around the house like a chicken with its head cut off. WHEW, you found your keys ok get to work! Due to some freak of nature from the doorstep to your car you manage to drop almost everything in your hand at least once. For me I dropped my money while crossing a busy intersection when the light was about to turn green. After all this has happen you finally get to work on time exhausted, sweaty, stressed, and ready to go home before the day has even begun. Folks this happen to me the other day and I figure it has happen to you also, maybe even this week. If indeed you haven't experienced “A Morning Gone Wrong" be thankful because it’s not fun but it is extremely FUNNY!!!

Until next time on "The Journey of Ms. Devereaux"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tia,

All of my mornings go wrong because I have a very hard time getting up after I wake up; but I must say I'm getting better.

Glad you made it to work on time. As you know, I've HEARD you and SEEN you in your times of stress and anxiety and it's funny as heck...

HouseofHealing

ErynMyisha said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!! now that i've laughed like hell at you, it's going to happen to me tomorrow. HA!