Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Love You...

“I love you” is an extremely powerful phrase. Often times it’s misused. There are times when friends cross my mind, and I don’t have anything to say, but I just want to let them know that I am thinking about them. Recently, I called a friend and all I could think to say on their voicemail was “I love you”. Little did I know how it would impact my friend and whatever was going on their life. This got me to thinking how often do we say this phrase and really mean it? Whether it’s a mate, friend, family, or church member, I believe saying “I love you” is just as heartfelt as a hug, smile, or kiss.

Often times we get caught up in our busy lives and assume that those we love should just know how we feel about them. Although you may think you show it in your actions, it makes a HUGE difference when you say it. You never know what a person is going through. This life we live can get so hard and knowing that someone loves you can give you just enough of a push to keep going.

Remember we aren’t able to control the time we have with our love ones. Each day try to make the effort of letting those close to you know you love them by saying “I love you”. It really can make a difference especially if you show it in your actions as well.

I really don’t have much more to say about this subject, but I think you all get my point.

Until next time on “The Journey of Ms.Devereaux.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always a good sentiment. Speak the words and act the "love" while it can be appreciated. "Real Love" is what this world is needing.
-m

SunShine said...

I think your right... Its like when someone gives you a smile or a hug... The words mean alot but to know that it is followed by "actions" means that much more! Those words melt the heart and bring joy to your spirit. I am a sucker for love and to hear A MEANINGFUL I LOVE YOU touches my heart so deeply, I do believe you are on to the most simple yet most sought after treasure life has to offer.

The Love Grinch said...

"'F' yo love N*&&a"!! Don't you know who I am?

I was contemplating love earlier, in all its various faucets and variables. Without getting too philisophical, love is the great muse. Love is what inspires, and in the same sentence... how heavy is it that God had to turn to himself in order to create? Whoa.

But love is not always a positive thing. People love the wrong things and that moves them to doing all sorts of evil things. I could give examples, but I'm sure if you use your imaginations you can see how detrimental someone's love can be on a nation, a race, a person, etc.

Recently, a friend of mine lost their mother. As we discussed the ramifications of it all we came to the conclusion that there is solice in knowing that she knew how much she was loved by my friend.

So yeah, you're right on the money there Dev. And for the rest of ya'll, make sure you mean it when you say it. Its not something that is easily taken back.

Just know that I mean this from the bottom of my heart..."'F' yo love"!!

Anonymous said...

I think what you said is true a lot of people don't tell the one they care about that they love them enough. Your also right those three little word "I LOVE YOU" can really save a life.

beanchild said...

i like your post.

& you are right, a little bit of verbal assurance of "i love you," wow, that can be a powerful force for the good.

Anonymous said...

you still can't write

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=raxco perfectdisk 2008 9.00.039 (professionalserver) ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the black methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg