Friday, April 4, 2008

Strength, Courage, and Wisdom...






Beautiful isn't she? That is my grandma!!!

My grandma just celebrated her 90th birthday in January. My family and I got together last weekend to honor her. I know we all have grandma's that we love and cherish. I adore my grandmother, she means the world to me. I love talking to her she has so much knowledge and still a great sense of humor. I often times wish I could record everything she remembers over the past 90 years of life. She was married to a wonderful man and had 12 wonderful children. That's right 12. I hope that one day I can have that peace, kindness, love, joy, and trust in God that she carries with her everyday. After my grandfather past she had to raise the rest of her children alone. I think it was 6 of them left at home. It takes a strong woman to be able to handle a task that great. We get together every Thanksgiving at her house for dinner. I often catch her sitting alone the wall smiling, while everyone else is talking, eating,sleeping,and taking pictures. I ask her" Grandma what are you smiling at?" She says,"Thanking God for letting me see all my family together another year"

For years she has traveled to graduations,weddings,and special events for her family. One of my favorite memories was she would always send me a bday card.Whenever I call her no matter what time it is she is able to talk or let me in her house. Anytime I feel I have no one I can talk to she is always there with her words of wisdom saying "put it in God's hands,baby."

Beatrice Stanmore is my definition of STRENGTH, COURAGE, AND WISDOM. She is not just my grandma, she is my friend and I thank God he has keep her around for us so long.

Tell me who you admire with STRENGTH,COURAGE,AND WISDOM.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was beatiful

the comeback girl said...

That was a nice tribute. I love the dress at the top. That was fly.

Wonderful Unknown! said...

I was touched by this. I'm reminded of my grandmother who pasted years ago. I really miss her! She and my mother, Freddy, are MY examples of "Strength, Courage, and Wisdom..."!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet! My mother is my backbone, so I can completely relate.

Anonymous said...

I love it sis she is the greatest!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My sentiments exactly. My examples of "Strength, Courage, and Wisdom" are my Mommy, Daddy and our of course my wonderful "Grandma Bea". A family/legacy I am proud to be part of.
-mlb

shelia said...

What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful woman.