Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Turn Up the Heat...


By now we are all deep into the summer. Texas is hot as fish grease!! Despite it being hotter than hell in most places there are some really great things about the summer time. School breaks,outdoor parties, family vacations, weekend bbq's, tanning(I am a little on the bright-skinned side), and most importantly the summer brings out the finest men. I know in Chicago I don't see as many cuties and as I do in the summer. Probably because in the winter everyone is walking around looking like huge sleeping bags trying to stay warm. Oh, but when the summer comes it's like being a kid in a candy store. With all the activities and festivals and only 3 months of summer everyone is out.

Almost every time I walk outside now I see a tall, handsome, strong, black man walking down the street. Honestly, I have seen some fine men of other nationalities lately. If I am bold enough that day then I might even engage him in conversation. (Yes ladies, I do strike up convo with a man first) I love men already but what turns me on most about a man is his walk, smile, sense of humor, tone of voice, and intelligence. After those boxes are checked then we can move to round two...lol. I love the summer!

We all have something that we like in each other, but...What turns you on most about the opposite sex?

Until next time on 'The Journey of Ms. Devereaux'

5 comments:

shelia said...

There's nothing like a man whose walk is smoother than a panthers :) I also like a pretty smile and to see a twinkle in his eyes...definately a sucker for dimples.

Anonymous said...

He has to be sexy (athletic look, muscles). Intelligence is a must. I love a man who is in touch with God, sensitive, and confident. I love a man that respects others but still not afraid to speak his mind. A nice smile turns me on too!

ErynMyisha said...

get my man off yo page heffa!!!
sense of humor, smile, and ambition AND drive to do the work needed are some initial qualities i like.

Ernest said...

I'm bored easily because I love to learn and I love a challenge. A woman turns me on if she can teach me something and present me with the challenge I desire. And I want her to have this same thirst for knowledge. I love it when I talk to a woman about technical matters (mostly physics) and she isn't intimidated. If I present her with a riddle, I want her to be intrigued and search for the answer. But mostly, I want her to be able to do the same to me. Bodily seduction is a waste of her time. But if she tempts my mind, I'm her's.

KnitFloozy said...

Dimples and an accent. sucker for both. But if a man has a great sense of humor without being mean and can carry a good conversation and give me a perspective i've never thought of...that will do it. oh yeah - and he must have all of his teeth in his head when i see him - even if he have to denture them on...LOL