Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Creative Writing Pt. 1


Yesterday I was having writers block so I sent out a text message asking you all for blog topics. Everyone sent back great topics and I plan on writing on most of them in the upcoming post. Unfortunately, writers block is still in my brain so I decided to do something different with this post. Actually, I plan on doing a lot of different things with this blog. I took a Fiction Writing class last year and I thought I would share one of my stories I had to write with you all. I want to write a book one day about something, so feel free to give me any feedback. Hope you enjoy!


Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want to hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone!I bent down in the corner near the porcelain tube, slowly placing my hands on the pearl colored tile floor for balance. It's very dark in here the only light is coming from underneath the door. I have been here many times before so I know what it looks in the dark.There is an old burgundy shower curtain that hangs over the tub with soap scum stuck to the bottom of it, the worn out floral wall paper covers the entire bathroom, and the toilet that always seems to be cold no matter what. The cabinets are dark brown although the color is fading and the different color towels hang from the rack. I always hated coming in here, they put me in here like a caged animal. I used to scream so loud, and cry so hard my eyes would swell shut, I despised being in the dark. I told myself if they did this to me again I would get them. This time I am going to calm down and devise my plan.Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want to hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone! I keep hearing in my head over and over again as they repeated themselves. After awhile it became quiet enough where I thought it was safe to leave. Slowly I got up from the cold bathroom floor and opened the door. The light from the hallway was bright I had to squint my eyes until they adjusted. I walked out of the bathroom hoping no one would see me.

I wasn’t always like this, there was a time when I was considered kind, patient, loving, caring, giving, and warm-spirited person. In the past, I loved getting to know people and being around them laughing having a good time. Now I can’t stand to be around people, I feel like they are fake and don’t really care about who I really am. I decided to leave school that day and walk downtown just to take some time to myself. While sitting at a coffee shop late that night I watched a homeless man walk aimlessly looking for his next meal, digging from one trash can to another he pulled out left overs from stranger’s meals. He even pulled a few half smoked cigarette buds to finish off himself later. While sitting there I begin to get upset and wonder how could this man allow himself get to this point were he has to beg, for money and live on the street. I began to think how he had no purpose in life and that he was a waste of space and someone needed to handle it. Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone! That’s what I kept hearing. I couldn't shake the voices in my head

That night it was cold, windy,and rainy. I sat at Starbucks on the corner across from the Deluxe store, and US Bank on the opposite corner from me. I see a couple walking down the street near the empty parking lot, something about them sparked my interest so I left the coffee shop and followed them down the street behind the building into an empty alley. No one around this particular night almost like a ghost town. I stopped at the corner and peaked around the trash cans to see where the cute couple had went. To my surprise I see the man pounding his fist into the face of the woman he was holding hands with, then he grabbed her around her throat and slammed her into the ground. I couldn’t believe my eyes he was going to kill her I had to stop him and do something to help this woman out. After, he slammed her to the ground he began to repeatedly kick her. What could I do to help her? As I stood there I had a flash back, of being locked in the bathroom being tortured by horrible people. Before I knew it I rushed down the street while the guy’s back was turned, he couldn’t hear or see me coming because he was so busy beating the sh*t out of what I thought was his girlfriend. I slowed down my paced as I got closer I heard him yelling

“You stupid B*tch, I hate you” despite how bad he had already beaten her ass she was still yelling “stop it Charlie don’t do this I love you”.

The closer I got my rage continued to build like lava in volcano ready to explode. Once close enough with all the strength in my body I grabbed the top of his head and the bottom of his chin and with a quick twist I snapped his neck, I heard the breaking of his bones, it sounded like a branch breaking from a tree. His limp body fell to the ground next to the woman he nearly beat to death. Immediately I reached down to help her by gently grabbing her hand to help her up. She looked at me and saw her boyfriend lying next to her and began to scream…

“What have you done?” “What have you done to Charlie?” She yelled.
“Ma’am you won’t have to worry about him anymore I took care of him”. “Let me help you” I said in a relaxed tone.

The woman yelled at me Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone! I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I was startled. Again I felt rage began to build up in my chest, it felt like someone had a burning match to my chest and the anger I felt in my body begin to fill like helium in a balloon. I envisioned the old burgundy shower curtain, I felt the cold porcelain floor, the floral wallpaper and before I knew it I grabbed her by the top of head and the bottom of her chin, again I heard the same snapping noise I heard from Charlie a little bit ago. She dropped just like Charlie did to the ground lifeless. I looked down at Charlie and his girlfriend lie there dead, I killed these people. Petrified by my actions I ran as fast and as far as I could until I was out of breathe and stopped.

Every since that night that phrase Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone! has been playing in my head. Whenever, I am locked in that cold bathroom on the floor I hear that woman yelling at me before I silenced her from ever saying Stop looking at me, don’t touch me, shut up I don’t want hear anything you are saying. Leave me alone!

3 comments:

KMJ said...

Its disturbing, raw, and a wee bit more violent than what I'm acustomed to coming from you... I like it. "Kill `em all and let God sort `em out," is what my uncle Junebugg would say.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was some writing. I could picture all of it. Girl, got my blood pumping on that one. Almost had a asthma attack reading it. All you needed was a movie sound track. -mlb

ErynMyisha said...

this is a great story, a new facet to you. HOWEVER, i see red rum in your future!